Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Explore the opera house’s magnificent interior without the crowds
- Admire opulent chandeliers, paintings and mirrors in the Grand Foyer and Members' Rotunda
- Visit the lavish 2,000-seat auditorium, making this one of Europe's largest opera houses
- Hear about famous operas that have played here, like La Traviata, as well as the inspiration for The Phantom of the Opera
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Opera Garnier, central Paris Address: Opera Garnier, 75009 Paris Directions: The entrance for guided tours is located at the corner of Rue Scribe and Rue Auber, behind the statue of Charles Garnier. The meeting point is located in front of the Guided Tours counter inside the Opera Garnier. Please note: The Opera Garnier closes its doors for guided tours at 4:45pm so you must be there before this time. If you are late, you will not be able to take the tour Please note that from June 9th until August 31st and due to an escape game, the visit access will be from the left door and not from the main entrance.
What To Expect
Embark on a narrated tour of the Beaux-Arts masterpiece, which was completed in the late 19th century as the home of the Paris Opera. Today, Opera Garnier primarily hosts performances of the Paris Opera Ballet.
See the spectacular grand staircase adorned with ornate candelabras and statues inspired by Greek mythology, and imagine elegant crowds of the past gathering in the exclusive members’ rotunda. Learn about the history of this famed institution from your knowledgeable guide, and hear how it inspired Gaston Leroux’s novel The Phantom of the Opera.
Marvel at the ornate balconies and murals of the 2,000 seat auditorium, and end your tour in the fantastically appointed grand foyer.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour is not suitable for children under 12 years old
- As this is a working theater, access to the auditorium is sometimes unavailable due to technical or artistic reasons. Therefore, access cannot be guaranteed for all tours.
- For artistic or technical reasons, the tour itinerary may be modified on the day of the tour, if so instructed by the Opera Garnier
- Please note: The Opera Garnier closes its doors for guided tours at 4:45pm, therefore you must arrive before this time. If you are late, you will not be able to take the tour.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cultival
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Seeing the opera house without the hundreds of visitors mad paying extra for an after hour tour totally worth it." See review
- "It was nice to see the rest of the Opera without lots of tourists, so I would recommend this after-hours tour, but make sure you are able to see it all." See review
- "There were many tours taking place at the same time and sometimes this added to the difficulties of hearing if you were again, not front and center." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews